FDAAA serves FDA alumni by providing communications, holding functions, listing opportunities, and much more. Serving those who have served also takes the form of helping those who still are serving, the current staff at FDA.
Welcome to the Food and Drug Administration Alumni Association (FDAAA) website
It has been almost a year since I assumed the role of President of the Association. A year filled with great accomplishments and many activities for members to take part in. It has included a number of luncheons with key Agency managers, the annual luncheon with the Commissioner and her top staff, and a gala reception in celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the FD&C Act to mention a few. We even held our first "Outside the Beltway" reception in Boston to allow "field" members to get further involved. [more]
Save the Date - Commissioner's Spring Fling - May 27th
This year's Commissioner's Spring Fling will be held on Tuesday, May 27th. It will be held at White Oak in the Great Room around 12-1:30 PM. Please mark your calendars!
FDAAA Annual Meeting and Board Meeting – April 22, 2013
(See New Billing Information)
When: Tuesday, April 22nd
FDAAA Board Meeting, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
FDAAA Annual Meeting 1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Where: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
As in past years, the FDAAA Board and Annual Meetings will be held one day before the Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) Annual Conference. The FDLI Annual Conference will be held April 23 - 24, and FDLI will offer a special FDAAA member registration of $65.00 for the plenary session (8:15 - 12:30 on April 23rd.) Interested FDAAA members may attend both the plenary session and April 23 lunch (where Michael Taylor will be the speaker) for $120. The presentation of the FDAAA's Harvey Wiley Award and the recipient's presentation will close out the plenary session.
Dr. Robert Temple has been selected to receive the 2014 Harvey Wiley Award. Dr. Temple serves as CDER's Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science and also Acting Director of the Office of Drug Evaluation I.
Please inform Alan Andersen at email@example.com if you plan to register for this FDAAA special registration for the FDLI Plenary. You will be invoiced by FDLI. Alan would also like to know if you would be interested in attending the April 24th luncheon featuring an address by the Honorable Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States. While Alan is not sure if it would be possible to get tickets for the luncheon, he would like to know if there is interest among FDAAA members.
Additional information about and registration for the 2014 FDLI Annual Conference may be found on the FDLI website at: http://www.fdli.org/conferences/conference-pages/2014-annual-conference
FDAAA Luncheon with FDA Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs Melinda Plaisier, February 6, 2014
FDAAA's February 6th luncheon was held at a new and very nice venue -- Eggspectation in downtown Silver Spring. Melinda K. Plaisier, Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs (ORA) was the very enlightening and dynamic luncheon speaker, Mrs. Plaisier said that ORA was the backbone of the organization. She said she spent the last couple of weeks visiting many of FDA's import operations and she is always inspired by the employees. They are highly motivated, take great pride in their work, and are proud to be working for FDA and protecting public health.
Dr. Steven Solomon has been appointed as the Deputy Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs (DACRA) for the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) effective April 6, 2014.
The 2013 Annual Report highlights the accomplishments of the Association during the past year.
Recent FDAAA Events
- FDAAA's 2013 Annual Report Released in Advance of April 22, 2014 Annual Meeting (03/20/14)
- FDAAA Luncheon with FDA Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs Melinda Plaisier, February 6, 2014 (02/12/14)
- FDAAA Luncheon with FDA Chief of Staff Lisa Barclay, January 10, 2014 (01/22/14)
- Imo Ibia Spoke in South Africa, December 2013 (12/27/13)
- FDAAA End of 2013 Event Celebrates 75th Anniversary of FFDCA (12/11/13)
- Tom Abrams, Director Office of Prescription Drug Promotion was the speaker at the FDAAA November luncheon held at Mrs. K's Tollhouse on November 13, 2013. (11/21/13)
- Commissioner's Fall Fling Event (10/23/13)
- The "Spring Fling" Turns into the "Fall Fling"; The Frances O. Kelsey Award Finds Permanent Home at FDA Headquarters (10/22/13)
- FDAAA Co-sponsors Workshop on Regulatory Harmonization for Consumer Products in Sub-Saharan Africa, Lagos and Nigeria, July 8, 2013 (08/14/13)
- FDAAA Sponsors US DIA Session on Health Disparities and Global Trials Data (07/21/13)
- Medical Devices Global Symposium (07/20/13)
- FDAAA Holds Its First "Out-side the Beltway" Event in Boston (06/27/13)
- New Chairman for the Nominating Committee (06/14/13)
- Dr. Steven Solomon Appointed As DACRA (04/15/14)
- John Roth, Office of Criminal Investigations Director Leaves FDA, Phil Walsky becomes Acting OCI Director (03/21/14)
- CDRH Holding Memorial Seminar on February 26 (02/18/14)
- FDA Chief Scientist Dr. Jesse Goodman Leaves FDA, Dr. Stephen Ostroff Becomes Acting Chief Scientist (02/12/14)
- Special Advisor to Dr. Hamburg Dr. Murray Lumpkin Retires (02/12/14)
- Associate Commissioner for Foods and Veterinary Medicine, Linda Tollefson to Retire (01/31/14)
- Dr. Hamburg announced the appointment of Howard Sklamberg as Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, effective January 13, 2014. (01/23/14)
- FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg announced the resignation of John Taylor (12/28/13)
- FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg announced the resignation of Virginia Cox (12/28/13)
- NAPPSA's New President and FDAAA Member, Dr. Funmi Ajayi, will Ensure Organization "Continues To Soar on… Like An Eagle" (09/27/13)
- Melinda Plaisier Named Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs (09/5/13)
This individual page is maintained by Linda Tukenmez