FDAAA serves FDA alumni by providing communications, holding functions, listing opportunities, and much more. Serving those who have served also takes the form of helping those who still are serving, the current staff at FDA.
Welcome to the Food and Drug Administration Alumni Association (FDAAA) website
This year's Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association was a special occasion. It honored a number of members who have contributed to the building of the organization and it marked the turnover of leadership of the Board of Directors to Nancy Myers.
Since this meeting in April, there have been a number of changes that all point to the growth and vitality of the FDAAA. This includes a renewed interest in promoting an awareness of Association's activities among current employees of the FDA, a commitment to grow the membership of the organization, and an awareness of the need to satisfy the social and professional interests of all our members (both those in the DC area and those scattered throughout the US and beyond). [more]
FDAAA Cocktail Reception November 18th
Mark your calendars!
The FDAAA Activities Committee is hosting an amazing "Tribute to FDA Center Directors: Past and Present" event (cocktail reception) for Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
In keeping with our mission to "honor exceptional contributions to public health by former and current FDA employees," this year's Fall super-event will be a tribute to the these Center Directors --- leaders who have worked tirelessly to bring FDA's mission to fruition.
Who is invited: Center Directors (current and past), FDA Alumni Association Members & Associate Members
When: Tuesday, November 18th from 5:30-7:30 PM
Where: FoxKiser, 1701 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Suite 900, Washington DC 20006 (within a few blocks of the Farragut West Metro stop).
Member Cost: no charge
Parking: Garage parking is available on 17th St between the McDonalds and Potbellys before corner of 17th and Penn. (Mention "FDA Alumni Event" for special $14 rate).
If you plan to attend, RSVP to Debbie Henderson at Henderson106@gmail.com.
The FDAAA is seeking sponsors for this event in order to keep costs low, so if you or your company would consider sponsorship, please email Nancy Myers at email@example.com for more details.
September 14 FDAAA Luncheon with FDA CDER Deputy Center Director for Science Operations, Richard A. Moscicki, MD
Nearly 30 FDAAA members had the pleasure of meeting Richard Rich Moscicki at the September 14 FDAAA Luncheon.
Dr. Moscicki is CDERs Deputy Center Director for Science Operations. As a long-term leader in the pharmaceutical industry, Dr. Moscicki was able to provide a unique perspective on current activities in CDER by adding a flavor of his personal experience in adjusting from private industry to a public service leadership position.
Dr. Moscicki joined FDA in February 2013 after a long career with Genzyme Corporation which culminated with his position as senior vice president and head of clinical development at Genzyme. Now, as a deputy Center Director in CDER, an organization of over 4,000 employees, Dr. Moscicki shares in the executive direction of the Center as well as leadership in overseeing CDERs many programs.
FDAAA Sponsors Session on Clinical Research Enterprise in Africa, Asia, and South American at 50th US DIA Annual Meeting
During the 50th US DIA Annual Meeting on June 16-19, 2014 in San Diego, CA, the FDA Alumni Association (FDAAA) through its International Network (FDAAAIN) sponsored a session titled Strengthening Public Policy for Sustainable Clinical Research Enterprise in Africa, Asia, and South America: Progress and Prospects.
The session examined some of the evolving policies and initiatives about clinical research in the three regions with the aim that participants could identify potential opportunities to locate clinical trials in these regions. Specifically, the session discussed ongoing activities to promote clinical research in Africa, Asia, and South America. The session also highlighted efforts at further strengthening the clinical research infrastructure in the regions.
At the August 5, 2014, FDAAA Board Meeting, it was announced that Cathy Carnevale and Susan Winckler will be the co-chairs of the Member Recruitment Committee and Mike Olson will be the FDAAA Treasurer.
The FDA Alumni Association joins FDA in recognizing the 100th birthday of one of the Agency's most celebrated alumnus. Her contributions are a source of great pride to all those dedicated to the FDA mission.
The following appeared in the FDA Voice on July 24, 2014 (FDA Voice - Dr. Kelsey):
Recent FDAAA Events
- September 14 FDAAA Luncheon with FDA CDER Deputy Center Director for Science Operations, Richard A. Moscicki, MD (10/27/14)
- FDAAA Sponsors Session on Clinical Research Enterprise in Africa, Asia, and South American at 50th US DIA Annual Meeting (07/16/14)
- Fifth Annual FDAAA Spring Fling - May 27, 2014 (06/15/14)
- Drs. Florence Houn and Zili Li, co-chairs of FDAAA's International Network received FDA's Distinguished Alumni Award at FDA's June 6th Award Ceremony (06/15/14)
- Update on FDAAA International Network Co-Chair Activities at DIA China, Shanghai China (05/22/14)
- FDAAA International Network Conducts GxP Training at DIA China, Shanghai (05/22/14)
- FDAAA International Network (FDAAA IN) Visits with China FDA Officials (05/22/14)
- The FDAAA's Annual Meeting and Board Meeting (05/05/14)
- Dr. Robert Temple Receives FDAAA's 2014 Harvey W. Wiley Award (05/04/14)
- FDAAA's 2013 Annual Report Released in Advance of April 22, 2014 Annual Meeting (03/20/14)
- FDAAA Luncheon with FDA Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs Melinda Plaisier, February 6, 2014 (02/12/14)
- FDAAA Luncheon with FDA Chief of Staff Lisa Barclay, January 10, 2014 (01/22/14)
- FDAAA Announces New Treasurer and Chairs for New Member Recruitment Committee (08/10/14)
- Dr. Beverly Corey, FDA's Senior Regional Advisor for Sub-Saharan Africa has passed away (08/09/14)
- FDAAA joins FDA in recognizing the 100th birthday of one of the Agency's most celebrated alumnus (07/29/14)
- Passing of Ronald (Ron) Ottes (05/22/14)
- Dr. Steven Solomon Appointed As DACRA (04/15/14)
- John Roth, Office of Criminal Investigations Director Leaves FDA, Phil Walsky becomes Acting OCI Director (03/21/14)
- CDRH Holding Memorial Seminar on February 26 (02/18/14)
- FDA Chief Scientist Dr. Jesse Goodman Leaves FDA, Dr. Stephen Ostroff Becomes Acting Chief Scientist (02/12/14)
- Special Advisor to Dr. Hamburg Dr. Murray Lumpkin Retires (02/12/14)
- Associate Commissioner for Foods and Veterinary Medicine, Linda Tollefson to Retire (01/31/14)
- Dr. Hamburg announced the appointment of Howard Sklamberg as Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, effective January 13, 2014. (01/23/14)
This individual page is maintained by Linda Tukenmez