FDAAA serves FDA alumni by providing communications, holding functions, listing opportunities, and much more. Serving those who have served also takes the form of helping those who still are serving, the current staff at FDA.
Welcome to the Food and Drug Administration Alumni Association (FDAAA) website.
I am honored to serve as the new President of the FDAAA. Following on the heels of Dr. Alan Andersen will be a challenge since he set a standard that will be difficult to match. However, I am committed to do my very best to serve the needs of all FDAAA members. This not only includes those in the Washington DC area, but those scattered throughout the US and abroad. I am particularly committed to increase the services and to gain the active participation of those who are serving and have retired from the various FDA field offices. I will work hard to help grow the Association and to support its mission of helping alumni stay in touch with the issues of the day facing the FDA and support the agency's public health mission through expertise and experience-sharing, training and outreach opportunities. [more]
This is a reminder that we have started a new feature to help connect FDAAA members with former FDA friends and colleagues, called "Where Are They Now?" As previously mentioned, we want to build better communications and connectivity among our members and our goal is to let other FDA Alumni know what's going on since we retired from FDA. We will continue to periodically post photos of FDAAA members and their personal and professional updates since leaving the agency in my "Updates" and on the FDAAA website (see "Where are They Now?" on the website).
On December 3, the FDAAA held an end of the year event celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA). Space for the event was provided by the law firm of Alston and Bird in Washington, DC. Thanks to the law firm and the efforts of Nancy Myers and Anne Marie Finley, FDAAA Activities Committee Co-chairs, the venue was nicely decorated for this seasonal event. There was plenty of delicious food and drink and time to share FDA memories and happenings. Although this event came together quickly, almost 40 FDA friends were able to join in the celebration.
Tom Abrams, Director Office of Prescription Drug Promotion was the speaker at the FDAAA November luncheon held at Mrs. K's Tollhouse on November 13, 2013.
The Office of Prescription Drug Promotion has a mission "To protect the public health by assuring prescription drug information is truthful, balanced and accurately communicated. This is accomplished through a comprehensive surveillance, enforcement and education program, and by fostering better communication of labeling and promotional information to both healthcare professionals and consumers."
FDAAA Co-sponsors Workshop on Regulatory Harmonization for Consumer Products in Sub-Saharan Africa, Lagos and Nigeria, July 8, 2013
The workshop was designed to start the dialogue that would culminate in the development of a strategic and structured framework to harmonize current regulatory requirements guiding consumer product development and approval in sub-Saharan Africa. It is hoped that reducing regulatory complexity will boost operational efficiencies, strengthen trade across national borders, heighten economic growth in the sub-region and, last but not the least, will provide more consumer access to safe and high quality products.
NAPPSA's New President and FDAAA Member, Dr. Funmi Ajayi, will Ensure Organization "Continues To Soar on… Like An Eagle"
FDAAA International Network (FDAAAIN) member Funmi Ajayi was elected President of the Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists of the Americas this past September 2013 in Philadelphia, PA. FDAAAIN interviewed Dr. Ajayi about her new role and would like to share her vision of leadership and direction.
Recent FDAAA Events
- FDAAA End of 2013 Event Celebrates 75th Anniversary of FFDCA (12/11/13)
- Tom Abrams, Director Office of Prescription Drug Promotion was the speaker at the FDAAA November luncheon held at Mrs. K's Tollhouse on November 13, 2013. (11/21/13)
- Commissioner's Fall Fling Event (10/23/13)
- The "Spring Fling" Turns into the "Fall Fling"; The Frances O. Kelsey Award Finds Permanent Home at FDA Headquarters (10/22/13)
- FDAAA Co-sponsors Workshop on Regulatory Harmonization for Consumer Products in Sub-Saharan Africa, Lagos and Nigeria, July 8, 2013 (08/14/13)
- FDAAA Sponsors US DIA Session on Health Disparities and Global Trials Data (07/21/13)
- Medical Devices Global Symposium (07/20/13)
- FDAAA Holds Its First "Out-side the Beltway" Event in Boston (06/27/13)
- New Chairman for the Nominating Committee (06/14/13)
- NAPPSA's New President and FDAAA Member, Dr. Funmi Ajayi, will Ensure Organization "Continues To Soar on… Like An Eagle" (09/27/13)
- Melinda Plaisier Named Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs (09/5/13)
- Deputy Commissioner Deborah M. Autor to Leave the Agency on June 1st (05/06/13)
- Passing of George Miller Burditt (2/20/13)
- James Morrison New Chair of FDAAA Member Services Committee (2/20/13)
- October 2, 2012 — Commemoration of the Drug Efficacy Amendments of 1962 (09/24/12)
- FDAAA Board Member Nancy Myers Receives FDA Distinguished Alumni Award (08/23/12)
This individual page is maintained by Linda Tukenmez