FDAAA serves FDA alumni by providing communications, holding functions, listing opportunities, and much more. Serving those who have served also takes the form of helping those who still are serving, the current staff at FDA.
Welcome to the Food and Drug Administration Alumni Association (FDAAA) website.
I am honored to serve as the new President of the FDAAA. Following on the heels of Dr. Alan Andersen will be a challenge since he set a standard that will be difficult to match. However, I am committed to do my very best to serve the needs of all FDAAA members. This not only includes those in the Washington DC area, but those scattered throughout the US and abroad. I am particularly committed to increase the services and to gain the active participation of those who are serving and have retired from the various FDA field offices. I will work hard to help grow the Association and to support its mission of helping alumni stay in touch with the issues of the day facing the FDA and support the agency's public health mission through expertise and experience-sharing, training and outreach opportunities. [more]
Come Meet with Friends and Colleagues Past and Present at the FDA Alumni Association's First Ever, Outside the Beltway Cocktail Reception in Boston
- Who: FDA Alumni and current FDAers
- When: Tuesday, June 25th from 6-8 PM
- Where: Luckys Lounge: 355 Congress St., Boston
A short 5-minute walk from the DIA Annual Meeting and the Boston Convention Center
- Registration: RSVP to Nancy Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options:
Check: Make check payable to the
Food and Drug Administration Alumni Association
Save the Date — FDAAA Annual Commissioner Spring Fling is a Summer fling this year – Be our lunch date on Friday, June 28th
Friday, June 28 has been set as the date for the FDAAA annual "Spring Fling" with the Commissioner's Office. The BBQ event will be hosted in FDA's White Oak Great Room. Details will follow.
- Harvey W. Wiley Lecture Presented by Richard M. Cooper at the FDLI Annual Conference (04/23/13)
- FDAAA Luncheon - Richard Pazdur, M.D., Director, Office of Oncology and Hematology Drugs (3/7/13) (3/18/13)
- FDAAA Frances Kelsey Award Celebration (12/19/12)
- FDAAA Participates in APEC's Advanced Workshop of Good Review Practices, Visits China's State FDA Center for Drug Evaluation (11/27/12)
- FDAAA Luncheon - Lou Valdez, Associate Commissioner for International Programs and Director of the Office of International Programs (OIP) (11/14/12)
- Celebration of the Drug Amendments Act of 1962 — October 17, 2012 (10/22/12)
- FDA Alumni Association Receives Prestigious Frances O. Kelsey Award (10/10/12)
- Workshop on Building a Professional Regulatory Workforce in Developing Countries September 19, 2012, Washington, DC (09/27/12)
- FDAAA Luncheon, August 1, 2012 - Jeanne Ireland, Associate Commissioner of the Office of Legislation. (08/23/12)
- Deputy Commissioner Deborah M. Autor to Leave the Agency on June 1st (05/06/13)
- Passing of George Miller Burditt (2/20/13)
- James Morrison New Chair of FDAAA Member Services Committee (2/20/13)
- October 2, 2012 — Commemoration of the Drug Efficacy Amendments of 1962 (09/24/12)
- FDAAA Board Member Nancy Myers Receives FDA Distinguished Alumni Award (08/23/12)
Send Payment to
1612 Crestline Road
Silver Spring, MD 20904
This is a reminder that we have started a new feature to help connect FDAAA members with former FDA friends and colleagues, called "Where Are They Now?" As previously mentioned, we want to build better communications and connectivity among our members and our goal is to let other FDA Alumni know what's going on since we retired from FDA. We will continue to periodically post photos of FDAAA members and their personal and professional updates since leaving the agency in my "Updates" and on the FDAAA website (see "Where are They Now?" on the website).
Harvey W. Wiley Lecture Presented by Richard M. Cooper at the FDLI Annual Conference
2013 Wiley Award Winner Richard M. Cooper is one of "Washington's Top Lawyers" for Food and Drug law by Washingtonian magazine (December 2011) and one of the "Best FDA Lawyers" (2012). His principal area of practice is food and drug law, particularly relating to medical products and including advising and enforcement (e.g., inspections, warning letters, administrative sanctions, injunction proceedings and criminal proceedings). He was lead counsel in a commercial arbitration that, in 2007, resulted in an award of more than $395 million for his client. Other recent and current matters include litigation over a product-related decision by FDA, defense against a claim of false advertising, defense against claims of improper pharmaceutical pricing and resolution of FDA enforcement actions. As lead counsel, he argued successfully in FDA v. Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp., 529 US 120 (2000). He has represented clients in congressional and other hearings. His clients have included major pharmaceutical and other consumer products companies.
For a complete copy of his remarks, please click on the link below:
Deputy Commissioner Deborah M. Autor to Leave the Agency on June 1st
In a recent letter to all FDA Colleagues, Commissioner Margaret Hamburg announced the departure of Deborah M. Autor, Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy (GO), after 18 years of dedicated federal government service, including 11 years spent at FDA. She will be leaving to take the position of Senior Vice President, Strategic Global Quality and Regulatory Policy at Mylan, Inc. In her letter, the Commissioner praised Deputy Commissioner Autor for her oversight of various critical programs within the Agency including, most recently, the GO Directorate. "In that role, Deb has led the implementation of FDA's strategy for addressing the challenges of globalization and import safety, including the paradigm shift that FDA must make to meet the challenges of globalization today and in the future through global coalitions, global data systems, advanced risk analytics and leveraging of the efforts of public and private third parties." John M. Taylor, III, currently the Counselor to the Commissioner, will serve as Acting Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy until a permanent replacement can be found.
Recent FDAAA Events
This individual page is maintained by Linda Tukenmez